Vegan, wheat free and sugar free. This is great to have in the esky at a doof, with some wraps nearby. When you are hungry simply put a few spoonsfull in a wrap and off you go. Sometimes I add sliced tomato or vegan cheese to the wrap as well.
Biryani mix (I get this from the Indian supermarket)
3 cups brown rice
Lots of veggies of your choice. I use the following:
1 medium sweet potato
1 zucchini or eggplant
1 head of broccoli
2 field mushrooms
- Chop all of the veggies into big chunks
- In a giant pot fry the garlic and onion in a little bit of oil.
- Chuck into the pot all the harder veggies (carrot, sweet potato) and fry for 5 mins or so.
- Chuck in all the other veggies and the biryani mix and stir well.
- Sprinkle rice on top and pour in enough water so that the rice (on top) is completely covered.
- Put a lid on it and cook until the rice is cooked (30-40 mins, depending on the rice). You may need to stir it a few times, but try not to for at least the first 10-15 mins to give the rice the chance to absorb the water.
Keep refrigerated. It will last about 5 days.